Monday, August 3, 2009

All good things come to an end

Where do you start? Over 2 months behind and being on vacation for 5 weeks doesn't help the equation. We are so blessed for the wonderful time we were able to spend with family!!! Five weeks filled with alot of fond memories, and never a moment to rest (well besides traveling by car or plane). We flew down Father's Day weekend and spent the next week with Steve's family as his parents were getting ready to leave on their mission. We never stopped! Steve flew back home after the 4th of July and Logan & I stayed for another 3 weeks of fun. During our time we were able to meet two new nephews, visit with grandparents and even attend a week long Turner Family Reunion to Yellowstone Nat'l Park. It's taken a week to regroup and catch up on sleep, but we sure enjoyed our time in Utah. It was sure fun but we are glad to be home.

 

4th of July Celebration....Started early with the Provo Festival Parade, food and more food, naps and end the day watching the Stadium of Fire fireworks. What a fun day!
 

A day at the zoo. We have been waiting to take Logan to the zoo. If only we still lived in Omaha, what a spectacular zoo that was. It's hard to go to other zoo's and not compare to the Henry Doorly Zoo that so many of us lived close too. I actually took Logan to the zoo in Alaska, sorry to say I was sorely disappointed. Though the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake was sure a nice step up and Logan seemed to really enjoy the animals. He really liked watching the elephants stretch their long trunks out and eat.
 

7 comments:

Kylene said...

Way to go getting your vacation blogged! Great pictures! I especially love the ones of little Camden. What a blessing!

Molly said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!! It was great to see you guys.

Steph said...

I love this post! You are so awesome. Glad you had fun in Utah and we were happy to get in on some of the action and visit a little too. Dave and I leave on Friday this week for Anchorage. We will be fishing in Seward, Soldotna, Ninilchik and I told him we have to drive down to Homer, cause I love it. He was suppose to go with his brother, so he crammed everything in since he doesn't get paid for days off work. Now he can't go and I am going instead, but not much time to play or visit. :( Hope you guys have a great rest of your summer.

Fernsten Family said...

I love the fond memories :) Thanks for capturing all the fun times together while you were visiting in Utah. Darling pictures of Logan...he's the man!

Grandma Tii said...

Darling pictures Cammie! How did you do the collage?? I would love to do that. email with the instructions. love you all. T

aquabatgirl said...

what a great summer vacation. logan is so grown up and looking so dapper. how great about steve's parents. how fun to be going to russia!

The Wyatt's said...

Wow What a summer you've had! How fun that you were able to be with your family and take part in so many events! Looks like you had a good time and I bet Logan enjoyed all the attention from extended family too. He is such a cute little guy and growing up so much! Glad you're doing well. Take Care.