Trevor Daniel Pratt born Tuesday July 27, 2010 at 8:30am. We made it to 36 1/2 weeks--hip hip hooray!!! He came out screaming and healthy. What a blessing!!!He officially weighed 7lbs 13 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. I can't imagine how BIG he would of been if he stayed inside much longer. Thanks to the progesterone shots for helping him grow bigger! Trevor was considered a late preemie, though by his size you wouldn't think he was early.
As everyone says, every baby, pregnancy and delivery is SO different. I had a doctor's appt on Monday, and she helped things along (aka stripped my membranes). My contractions that evening were about 10-15 minutes apart, so I hesitated and called the on-call dr who highly recommended coming in and being checked. By the time we drove to Anchorage, I was dilated to a 5 and since Logan came out so FAST, they admitted me not knowing how quickly things would go. I actually had time to receive an epidural with Trevor unlike with Logan. I was all situated by midnight, the contractions continued throughout the night every 2-3 minutes. Just a waiting game for my body to GO into LABOR. I was checked at 7:50am, dilated to a 8, and my doctor ruptured the amniotic sac and Trevor was born a half hour later.
He came out with a newborn rash, extreme sensitivity to the new dry environment. By the time we left the hospital, it had mostly all cleared up. He is so precious!!! Definitely worth the long bedridden weeks of pregnancy.
Trevor wasn't too fond of getting a bath.
Though he sure has a lot of hair, not quite as blonde as Logan but it actually has a silver shiny look to it.
Logan wasn't too sure about the whole hospital visit. He wouldn't come near me or baby. He kept pointing to baby and saying "baby tummy" pointing to my stomach. It just broke my heart but I know he'll slowly warm up to having a little brother around.
Thank goodness for the I-pod and crushed ice to entertain a toddler from trying to escape out the hospital room.
Trevor getting already to leave the hospital. What a fun experience having little Trevor stay in our room and leave with us when I was being discharged. We are so thankful we didn't have to relive the NICU experience again.This was the closest we could get to Logan for a picture in hospital. Logan was slightly distracted when the picture was taken (ESPN Sportcenter was on).
All loaded up for the drive home.
Logan was so lucky to receive a gift from his brother. He was so excited for his new toys, maybe having a little brother isn't too bad after all.
Logan has finally warmed up to Trevor and asks to hold baby now. He's going to be such a great BIG brother.
Proud Daddy and his two boys!!!Since being home, we have been going to the doctor's every couple days for weight and jaundice checks. As you can tell, Trevor is a little orange/yellow next to his pale Alaskan brother who rarely sees the sun. His numbers are slowly improving both in weight and in jaundice.
Logan loves to point out Trevor's features...like his eyes, nose, mouth, ear, hair. He's always concerned when baby isn't in his sight. Logan comes running whenever Trevor is fussy saying, "baby sad, baby sad!"
Trevor is such an angel. He just soaks in his new life. He's so mellow and content with life. He's completely opposite than Logan. He's already sleeping 3-4 hour stretches, loves being held and is a champ with eating. I couldn't have asked for a happier more relaxed baby. We are so happy and thankful for little Trevor to join our family.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Introducing....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


18 comments:
Oh my goodness!! He is so precious!! It makes me baby hungry just looking at him. I am so glad that things went well and that you got to take him home with you! How early was he?? I hope things continue to go well. Congratulations Momma!!!
Congrats! I'm glad you made it so long this time and Trevor didn't end up in the NICU. What a cutie!!!
The pictures are great. Thanks for the updates. He is so cute. I'm sure glad Logan loves him.
Great pictures!! Trevor is such a cute little guy. Glad everything went well and that he was born healthy.
It's so good to hear things went well with the birth and that you and Trevor are doing well. He is adorable! Congratulations!
Congrats!! When you get to Utah, I am definately coming to meet your sweet little family. I love the name Trevor. He is adorable. I'm glad everything went well!
Oh he is so sweet! CONGRATS! Glad to hear that everything is going so well!
Yeah!!! I am so excited for you guys! What a relief and a joyous experience with Trevor! I wish we were there to hang out with you at the hospital and bring you diner. We can't wait to meet Trevor!
Congratulations! Trevor looks and sounds like an angel baby. So glad that things went well for you guys and that he got to come home with you. Hooray for brotherrs!
SOooooooooooooo Cute! I love all the new pictures. I am glad that he is eating and sleeping well. I am sure that Logan is a BIG help. Is your mom still there? How are you feeling? Congrats again!
Congrats! We are so excited for you! He is so stinking adorable!
I am so happy everything went well! I think it's really neat that our little guys are just 5 days apart! I can't wait to introduce them. Take care and keep us posted!
oh he is so gorgeous..... what a handsome little guy! so cute all those brother pics, makes you glad for another little guy!
So Sweet! Thank you for sharing all the pictures and info. We are so happy that you are all safe and healthy. Congratulations! We love you!
Stephen, Tonya, Madeline and Jacob ;)
You did good, Cammie. He has an amazing amount of hair, something I have yet to experience with a newborn. I found the second baby easier as well (even though I can not claim he was "relaxed"). So many relationships to be formed, Logan soon will not even remember not having a brother. Once again, great work! I'm glad you were able to add little Trevor to your family.
hey sleepless nights...... hope you guys are hanging in there! What mission are you guys in? I know random, just wondering for a kid in my ward leaving to anchorage alaska...... and don't laugh if that's so far from you and I didn't know :)
Congrats he is darling.
Trevor is so so beautiful! Congrats congrats, you guys! I'm so glad Logan warmed up to Trevor! It must be harder for the "bigger sibs" to warm up to the new person in the family. They are so cute, though! Unlike my household, which is "run by estrogen and diapers", according to Eli, Cammie, yours is officially run by "testosterone and diapers!" Hah hah!! So happy for you guys! We miss you and hope all is well!
Post a Comment