Monday, July 12, 2010

Who's tummy is bigger?

Here's a pregnancy update for those who haven't heard the latest of our saga. I'm now 34 weeks (Logan was born 33 wks, 5 days--so we just passed his mark). I've been on "restricted" bedrest for months and "complete" bedrest for the past 3 weeks. I keep having pain and contractions, which are signs of delivering early again, so I've received steroid shots to help the baby's lungs mature more quickly & I've also started taking a tocoloytic--which may help decrease contraction activity. Luckily I'm being monitored much more closely this time around and the daily meds, weekly shots, seemingly endless appointments/tests/ultrasounds and full-time bedrest over the past months seem to be working and no baby yet. At my last appt, I was 60% effaced and dilated to a 2. The doctor hopes I can hold off for a couple more weeks to avoid the NICU unlike with Logan. So things are good given to circumstances, I guess. My mom got here a few weeks ago and has been a big help with Logan & helping me stay down, too. It's so hard not knowing when baby is going to come. Back in the spring, the doctor said baby could come June, July or August. So June has come and gone, now it's a waiting game for July or August for his arrival.
Who's tummy is bigger? Since Logan came early, I didn't get any later pregnancy pictures. So after my doctor's appointments each week, I try to take a picture not knowing if that might be my last pregnancy shot. Logan's interpretation of mommy!

Showing off your belly button...well just let Logan do that!
Silly faces...we can't wait for another little boy to join our family! He should fit right in!

12 comments:

Celeste said...

so so cute!! I love Logans impression!! I think it is a good thing that baby boy has not come yet!! Bed rest has got to be no fun though. Good luck with everything. I look forward to seeing pictures of baby boy #2, but not for a while!!

Tristen said...

I love it! Good luck with baby number 2. I wish we were close so I could help! I hope you guys make it to Utah soon!

A Musing Mother said...

Adorable! Although you might want to start taking pictures BEFORE the dr. appt. just in case s/he finds something to hospitalize you for. It happened to my sister. She didn't know she was in labor (3rd child?!) and was nearly 100% and ready to go.

Read: No epidural.

By the time she got to the hospital she KNEW she was in labor.

Read again: No epidural.

Don't you just love people who tell horror stories about child birth when you're approaching the finish line?

I'm just sayin'...

(No epidural). I'd die.

Heidi said...

You two look so cute together. I am glad that your mom is in town and able to help you out. Hope everything goes good for you.

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

soo cute! you are the cutest little prego momma! hope you can keep him in for a couple more weeks! miss you and let me know if there is anything we can do! love you guys!

Grandma Tii said...

You look great....hang in there.....we're praying for you and for #2 to stay in the oven a few more weeks. hey....got the package today!!!!thanks for everything....we're going to enjoy the new music, treats and the cards are great. Love you all

Sarah said...

I love the silly face picture. A family of boys is great fun. I hope all goes well with #2 and that he hangs in there a bit longer. Logan looks like he's going to be a great big brother.

Molly said...

fun pictures, and I love the one on the side bar!! Hope you can continue to hold off - little baby, we want you happy, healthy and ready to take home!! :)

MTMcGee said...

Very cute pictures! Hope everything goes well and that you can keep baby in the oven for a little longer. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

SARAH T. said...

I love it! You look super cute. I bet you are ready. It looks so nice there too.

SARAH T. said...

That is too exciting! BTW you ankles are way to cute to be pregnant with. :) Mine were HUGE! Anyway, I spoke to Anneli and she already knew about the good news of you coming here.

My secret with my photos. YEs, I do some editing. I use lightroom to enhance them. I have tried using photoshop, and unless you are willing to use it everyday to keep up on your knowlege, it is not worth it. I recommend using Adobe lightroom.

Also another secret is that blogger does not upload your photos as nice as you could do it on flickr.com. If you click on my pictures you will see it will take you to another link. I have found my pictures to be 100X better doing it that way.

Shelby Sorensen said...

You're brave to do pregnancy shots. I avoid those as much as possible. You look so cute, though. The booster seats were kind of tricky. I messed up on the first one and had to do a lot of unstitching. After doing it once though, the second was a breeze.