Monday, September 14, 2009

State Fair time

Living in ALASKA, we've learned how you so look forward to the state fair each year. It's kind of the last big celebration before winter hits. So, this year we had EXCEPTIONALLY nice weather, so why not go more than once. Logan enjoyed watching all the people, he surprisingly was okay with staying in his stroller. He didn't even really care too much about getting out to see the animals. Next year will be a completely different experience. Spray painting your hair was one of the more popular things to do at the fair it seemed. I couldn't resist taking this chicks picture, her hair was a peacock! Also one of the BIG things with Alaska is the HUGE produce that can be grown with the LONG summer days. So this year, the WORLD'S largest cabbage was grown weighing 125.9 lbs (in the center)...kind of cool. Also the watermelon pictured weighed 133.6 lbs, the pumpkin weighed 313 lbs, and a rutabaga at 70 lbs.

 

4 comments:

Molly said...

WOW - I am expecting pictures next year of your hair colored and styled. That is awesome. Those veggies are HUGE!!!

Shelby Sorensen said...

I don't know what a rutabega is, but that is some amazingly huge produce! At glance, I thought it was fake, then I read your text and realized it was real. That is truely amazing!

Fernsten Family said...

It looks like the Alaska State Fair is very different from the Utah State Fair...such huge produce! Logan looks very happy exploring all the sights and sounds! Love, Mom

Tristen said...

So cute! I can't believe how big Logan is getting. We miss you guys!!