Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We love vistors!

We had a such a blast with Grandma & Grandpa Pratt visitng. They came over Easter weekend and stayed the next week with us. Poor Grandpa came and spent a lot of time in the dental chair. He needed to get all of his dental work completed before leaving for Russia. So why not come to Alaska for a dental appt?! So in between appts, we kept busy sightseeing, playing games and most importantly studying Russian. Though Steve's parents haven't left the country, they are having to keep a very tight schedule with studying the Russian language and preparing to be Mission Presidents. Steve actually understands a little and tried to help out, since he served in the Czech Republic. We are so excited for their upcoming call to Russia, we love you and are going to miss you. Thanks for coming up and visiting with us, Logan sure enjoyed playing with you.

We traveled down to Homer, AK for a night. It was very cloudy, so we weren't able to see Mt. Redoubt, the active volcano across the bay. I was sorely disappointed. It still has a high plume coming up, which would have been really cool to see. We had one really nice and sunny day, so we decided last minute to go flightseeing around Mt. McKinley. What a great decision we made, it was a breathtaking experience. We were in a small 5 seater plane, overall is was 1.5 hr flight. I posted a few pictures, but really the pictures don't do justice of what we saw. If you ever come to Alaska, I highly recommend flightseeing (hopefully the weather is good though). I am warning you, the slideshow contains many many pictures, so be prepared.

5 comments:

Fernsten Family said...

Fun photo montage of your recent Alaska exploits. Seeing the pictures of Homer's Spit brought back many memories. The shots of Mt. McKinley are breathtaking. It is such a majestic mountain! Logan is darling, as always. Love, Mom

Shelby Sorensen said...

I think the pictures were awesome! I can't imagine what it must have been like in person!

The Harbertson Family said...

You know you're a good dentist when you have a patient come hundreds of miles to see you! Looks like you guys had lots of fun with Steve's parents.
Hey, we never finished our conversation the other night. How was dinner, by the way?

aquabatgirl said...

what a fun easter and how great to have grandma and grandpa come. logan is too cute

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

Hi friend! I finally found you guys! Logan is so stinking cute!! Also I love all your fun desserts you made!! I am going to have to steal some of your ideas! Hope all is well and see you sunday!!